Get Inspired - Link It Up to get more followers!

Are you looking to get more followers to your blog? Then click on the picture and find out how.

Get Inspired Link It Up
Get Inspired - Link It Up!

Monday, March 14, 2011

100th Day Of School

Today is the 100th day of school for my kids. Nope, no spring break here. My kids don't get the typical week off for spring break because they only go to school 4 days a week so their spring break is only a couple of days.

Anyway, my daughter needed 100 items to bring to school. They count them in class. Here's what I made.

I got the container from Free SVG Blog


I can't remember where the hot air balloons came from so if anyone knows, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!!! :)




As I was doing this project, my oldest daughter informed me (at 10:30 PM) that she had a choir concert tomorrow and wanted to know if I'd make her a bow. Needless to say, I couldn't say no. (Silly me, it took me until 1 AM to get everything done).

Now, I consider myself crafty but when it comes to making bows, I'm kind of clumsy. I don't really have a plan. So to make this, I used a clip and hot glue. I didn't have a very big selection of grosgrain ribbon since I mostly do paper crafts but I was able to find this little bit. The school colors are black and gold.

I took a clear band and tied the black thin ribbon to it. Then I bunched it up and hot glued it to the barrette. My daughter is a freshman so I wanted to make it dainty but not too girly that she wouldn't want to wear it. I took the gold and white ribbons and tied them in a simple bow and then glued them on top. (I am not thrilled with the hot glue job but it worked in a pinch).



And this is my lovely daughter in her new hair bow.


Hope you all enjoy and have a great week!!!

Much love and creativity,
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the bag and those Hot air balloons!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Krystal's Kreativity

Places I'm Listed!

Top50 Scrapbooking Blogs

Cricut Top 40
PurpleScraps Topsites - Australia's BEST Scrap Sites