Get Inspired - Link It Up to get more followers!

Are you looking to get more followers to your blog? Then click on the picture and find out how.

Get Inspired Link It Up
Get Inspired - Link It Up!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Banana Bread

Last night, I made banana bread! I love banana bread but I don't make it very often because I have to wait for the bananas to totally ripen and then they wind up betting thrown away. This time, I put the bananas in the freezer until I was ready. It worked out perfectly, and I know this is going to sound silly but I had no idea that bananas thawed out so quickly. LOL. I pulled them out of the freezer and within about 10 minutes, they were completely soft. That surprised me.

I found this recipe online and put my own little spin on it. Instead of using regular milk, I used Pure Almond vanilla flavored Silk. The recipe also called for 3 bananas but I only used 2. It turned out really good. :) Here's the recipe. I hope you all enjoy it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
  • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
  • Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  • In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
  • Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
  • Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.

Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoy it!

Much love and creativity,
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Krystal's Kreativity

Places I'm Listed!

Top50 Scrapbooking Blogs

Cricut Top 40
PurpleScraps Topsites - Australia's BEST Scrap Sites