Get Inspired - Link It Up to get more followers!

Are you looking to get more followers to your blog? Then click on the picture and find out how.

Get Inspired Link It Up
Get Inspired - Link It Up!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A couple simple layouts!

It's been a couple days since I last blogged. I've been trying to come up with some really cute things to post. I did do a couple of cute simple layouts but neither are finished yet.

Last week, I posted that my oldest daughter went to Frosty, which is the winter formal dance at her high school. I got the pictures developed and did a page on her and her friends. I'm not sure I love the way it turned out but hopefully she will appreciate it when she goes through her scrapbook when she's older. What do you all think?

This first one is the background. I used grey cardstock and then used some red/pink print paper and cut them in various sizes, then used my ATG gun to tape them down.

I took the pictures and cut them in various different ways to make a collage effect. That part I like but somehow the layout just didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. :( I used chipboard for the lettering. This is one that I'm not done with yet, I still need to do my journaling to describe this night. I also need to put the names of all the kids on here so my daughter doesn't forget who they are in the future. (You all know what I mean, don't ya?)

Last weekend, my youngest daughter, Catelynn, had a friend stay the night. These girls are in the first grade. They went outside to play in the snow on our back patio deck where earlier that weekend, my kiddos built a snow fort. These two girls played out there for quite a while and I snapped some pics of them playing. It was fun to see my daughter in her element with one of her school friends. Kids are so fun to watch when they don't know you are watching!






This one is the hole to get into the snow fort, it goes all the way under the porch. LOL, kids are so funny!


Anyway, lastly, here is another incomplete layout that I did of my family. Every year, our town hosts a Corn Field Maze. This picture was taken of our family at the 2009 maze. Here is an aerial view of what the maze looked like in 2009.

Isn't that cool? It's called "Man on a tractor." We also went to the 2010 corn maze and it was in the shape of the state of Minnesota.

Anyway, the layout I did was from the picture taken at the 2009 maze. Here's what it looks like.

This is another one that I'm not completely done with. I'm not sure I love the way this one turned out either but I think with some embellishments and some journaling, it will look okay. I used my Cricut Expression to cut out the word Family and then I shadowed it with another cut of the word just 1/4 inch smaller (size cut was 3-1/2 inches and 3-1/4 inches). I used the Sampler cartridge. I really like the colors, it's perfect for a corn field, don't ya think? It gives that "John Deere" look and feel to it.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. If you have any ideas or suggestions for these two pages, please feel free to let me know. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for looking!

Much love and creativity,
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Krystal's Kreativity

Places I'm Listed!

Top50 Scrapbooking Blogs

Cricut Top 40
PurpleScraps Topsites - Australia's BEST Scrap Sites