Get Inspired - Link It Up to get more followers!

Are you looking to get more followers to your blog? Then click on the picture and find out how.

Get Inspired Link It Up
Get Inspired - Link It Up!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Plastic Grocery Bag - Storage

I don't know about you, but when I go grocery shopping, I always wind up with a million plastic bags and no place to store them. I like to keep some of them around for use in the bathroom garbage cans. Well, last night, I got tired of trying to find a place to store these bags so I made my own storage. It didn't take long to make and it's perfect for what I need!

This took me about 20 minutes to make. I love it!

Recipe:
Fabric size 8-1/2 inches x 25 inches.
4 inches elastic.

I cut the fabric 8-1/2 x 25 and turned it inside out.

I folded the top down about 3/4 inch and stitched it. I did the same with the bottom. I then folded the fabric and stitched it closed (reverse side out).

I threaded 2 inches of elastic through the top and bottom and stitched the ends together, then stitched the closures. This gave it the "bunching" effect.

Lastly, I cut a 1 inch piece of fabric, folded it so that there were no raw edges and stitched it together, creating a loop so this could be hung. Voila!!! A nice place to store your plastic bags.


Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Krystal's Kreativity

Places I'm Listed!

Top50 Scrapbooking Blogs

Cricut Top 40
PurpleScraps Topsites - Australia's BEST Scrap Sites